Applying the latest in digital radiography, computed tomography, and ultrasound technologies, working with the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, military organizations, and U.S. defense and government contractors to solve challenging non-destructive testing problems.
Military & Defense
When national security is at stake or soldiers’ lives are on the line, military organizations know they can trust Adaptive Energy. We tailor solutions to serve defense requirements for various mission-critical applications and environments. For example:
- Fabricating a portable, outdoor radiation enclosure for performing X-ray tests in the field
- Working with engineers at an Air Force base to design and install a large overhead gantry and digital radiography system to examine strategic bomber control surfaces and structural components Read more
- Verifying correct component placement in counter-measure flares used on military aircraft as a defensive maneuver, ensuring fail-safe deployment in the event of surface-to-air or air-to-air missile attack Read more
The scale of testing challenges and the systems required to support national research labs and government agencies can often go beyond those seen in any other industry or environment. They demand the type of innovative thinking that Adaptive Energy brings to every project to develop robust, cutting-edge solutions.
Additionally, government entities—and the companies that contract and subcontract with them—have exacting standards for performance, financial accountability, and results. Adaptive Energy is experienced at managing complex projects to meet the scope, precise specifications and detailed administration requirements of government customers. For example:
- Inspecting solid rocket fuel and components for a contractor developing NASA’s next generation manned spacecraft rocket boosters Read more
- One of the nation’s largest storage sites for radioactive waste uses an Adaptive Energy solution to perform critical inspection and crack detection. Deploying a remote-operation crawler with camera and ultrasonic technology, facility engineers can perform visual and ultrasonic tests of the steel sidewalls of waste tanks, while remaining at a safe distance to avoid radiation exposure Read more